Primer: Tamiya “Fine Surface Primer” (light grey) spray can, applied to the hull and turret.
Base coats: For this one, I thought I would try the Mr.Hobby Russian Green modulation set. In all cases the paint was sprayed as a 1:2 mixture in Mr.Color leveling thinner.
- The darkest colour (“RG shadow” CMC13) was sprayed over the entire model, to act as a dark base.
- The next darkest (“RG CM base” CMC10) was sprayed over the bulk of the vehicle, save the deepest recesses.
- “RG highlight 1” CMC11 was sprayed on the upper hull, the sides and top of the turret and the outside part of the wheels only.
- “RG highlight 2” CMC12 was sprayed only on selected parts of the hull and turret.
As can be seen I have not gone for the most vivid example of this type of painting – I consider some examples of it to be artistic but unconvincing. In the end I like the base colour which the vehicle has ended up with. I am sure it will act as the platform for further variation with oils and enamels.
- Machine gun: Vallejo Model Color “Black” (70950)
- Headlight: Citadel “Mithril Silver”
- Saw: Vallejo Panzer Aces “Old Wood” (310), Citadel “Boltgun Metal”
- Spare track: Tamiya “Dark Iron” (XF-84)
- Tyres: Tamiya “Rubber Black” (XF-85)
Gloss coat: A 1:2 mixture of Mr.Color “Clear Gloss” (46) and Mr.Color Leveling Thinner was sprayed over the entire model. The decal was applied to the turret and this area resprayed.