- A 1:1 mixture of Tamiya Acrylic XF-57 “Buff” and Tamiya Acrylic XF-52 “Flat Earth” in Tamiya X-20A thinner (10% paint mixture in thinner) was sprayed on the lower half of the hull, the suspension, wheels and selective parts of the upper hull.
- The lower hull sides were quite heavily covered in a mixture of darker pigments, which were then fixed in placed using AMMO pigment fixer applied carefully with a brush. The wheels, front and back of the lower hull and select parts of the upper hull and turret were brushed with the same pigments. These were then fixed in place using enamel thinners either using a brush or airbrush.
- The turret machine gun, steel wheels and tow cable were treated with AK Interactive “Dark Steel” (AK086).
- Soot from the exhausts was simulated using Tamiya “Soot” weathering powder and Vallejo “Carbon Black” (73116) pigment.
- Oil stains on the wheels were done using AMMO “Fresh Engine Oil” (A.MIG-1408) in various dilutions in white spirit.
- Fuel stains on the hull and fuel tanks were done using AMMO “Fuel Stains” (A.MIG-1409) in various dilutions in white spirit.
- Various liquid stains on the hull and turret were simulated using dilute mixtures of the above AMMO stain mixtures, flicked from the end of a brush.