- The Friulmodel tracks (ATL-34) were joined using Albion Alloys’ 0.5 mm diameter brass rod (BW05).
- Blackened with AMMO “Burnishing Fluid” (A.MIG-2020). As usual, this type of liquid in large part avoided the deepest recesses of the tracks, necessitating scrubbing it in with a toothbrush.
- Washed with a dilute mixture of Winsor & Newton “Burnt Umber”, “Raw Umber” and “Burnt Sienna” in white spirit.
- Sprayed with a mixture of Tamiya Acrylic XF-52 “Flat Earth” in Tamiya X-20A thinner (10% paint mixture in thinner).
- AK Interactive “Light Rust Wash” (AK046) was flicked from a brush to produce a rust spots “speckled” effect.
- A mixture of dark pigments was brushed on both sides of the tracks, following by light fixing with enamel thinner. Once dry, the excess was tapped off.
- Those sections of the inner track in contact with the road wheels and the highest points of the outer track were given a bare metal effect using a 2B pencil.