Primer: Tamiya “Fine Surface Primer” (light grey) spray can, applied to the hull and turret.
Base coats: Using most of the Mr.Hobby Russian Green modulation set. In all cases the paint was sprayed as a 1:2 mixture in Mr.Color leveling thinner.
- The darkest colour (“RG shadow” CMC13) was sprayed over the entire model, to act as a dark base.
- The next darkest (“RG CM base” CMC10) was sprayed over the bulk of the vehicle, save the deepest recesses.
- “RG highlight 1” CMC11 was sprayed on the upper hull, the sides and top of the turret and the outside part of the wheels only.
In this case I am mostly using these paints because I like the colours and not that I want to achieve any pronounced colour gradients across the model surfaces.
- Machine gun: Vallejo Model Color “Black” (70950)
- Headlights: LifeColor “Gloss Silver” (LC74)
- Rear light: Vallejo Model Color “Red” 70947
- Spade: Vallejo Model Color “Black Grey” (70862), Vallejo Panzer Aces “Old Wood” (310)
- Stowage straps: Vallejo Panzer Aces “Canvas” (314), LifeColor “Matt Natural Metal” (LC24)
- Tyres: Tamiya “Rubber Black” (XF-85)