- Rust effects simulated using the LifeColor paint set
- Wash with AMMO “Dark Brown Wash for Green Vehicles wash” (A.MIG-1005) – for the lower part of the hull – and AMMO “Wash for Interior” (AK093) on the whitewashed parts of the tank.
- Streaks of AK Interactive “Dark Streaking Grime” (AK024) were applied to the vertical lower sides of the hull. AMMO “Streaking Grime for Winter Vehicles” (A.MIG-1205) and AMMO “Streaking Grime” (A.MIG-1203) were applied to the sloping sides of the whitewashed parts of the tank.
- A mixture of Tamiya Acrylic XF-52 “Flat Earth” in Tamiya X-20A thinner (10% paint mixture in thinner) was sprayed on the lower half of the hull, the suspension, wheels and selective parts of the upper hull.
- To the lower hull sides (below the fenders) was added mix of darker pigments. The with a brush AMMO “Pigment Fixer” (A.MIG-3000) was added in drops. Once dry, the excess pigment was brushed away. Small amounts of pigment were brushed onto parts of the upper hull and turret and fixed with enamel thinner.
- AMMO “Splashes” mixture “Turned Dirt” (A.MIG-1753) and “Wet Ground” (A.MIG-1755) were flicked onto the lower parts of the hull and wheels. Later, AK Interactive “Fresh Mud” (AK016) was flicked on to simulate wet mud.
- Oil, fuel and damp stains were simulated with AK Interactive “Engine Oil” (AK084) and AK Interactive “Fuel Stains” (AK025).
- The exhausts and surrounding area were treated with Tamiya “Soot” weathering powder..
- The machine gun was brushed with AK Interactive “Dark Steel” (AK086) pigment.