- I decided to simulate fine dust and sand by spraying a 1:1 mixture of Tamiya XF-57 “Buff” and Tamiya XF-55 “Deck Tan” in Tamiya X-20A thinner (10% paint mixture in thinner) in several passes over the entire vehicle and tracks, with particular emphasis on the tracks, wheels and turret ring.
- A small amount of a mixture of light coloured pigments was added to the tracks and running gear and fixed by spraying with white spirit.
- AK Interactive “Engine oil” (AK084), diluted in white spirits (1:1 ratio), was added to parts of the running gear and the turret ring to simulate oil stains.
- AK Interactive “Fuel Stains” (AK025), diluted in white spirits (1:1 ratio), was added to sections of the hull around the fuel tank filler caps.
- The machine guns and metal tools were rubbed with AK Interactive “Dark Steel” pigment (AK086).
- Tamiya soot powder was applied to the end of the exhausts and the gun.
- Resicast 2.5mm clear lenses were used for the front headlights.