As assembly was completely straightforward, I am skipping straight to the painting. I found it quite tricky places – resorting to quite extensive masking. Even now there are places which I would like to be sharper defined, but, well, it isn’t going to happen!
Primer: Tamiya “Fine Surface Primer” (white) spray can
Base coat: A mixture of 90% Tamiya acrylics (XF-57 “Buff” (90%), XF-59 “Desert Yellow” (10%)) and 10% Tamiya X 22 Clear in Tamiya X-20A thinner (2:1 paint mixture to thinner).
- Tyres: Tamiya XF-69 “NATO Black”
- Bike seat, underneath, front bumper and other non-desert colour pieces: Tamiya XF-1 “Flat Black”
- Stretcher: Tamiya XF-65 “Field Grey”, Vallejo Model Color “Russian Uniform WWII” 70924 and Vallejo Model Color “Black” 70950.
- Rear lights: Vallejo Model Color “Red” 70947
- Tow hook: Games Workshop “Boltgun Metal”
- Front lights and various metal pieces: Games Workshop “Mithril Silver”