- Military Vehicle Modelling by Phil Greenwood
(The Crowood Press 2002)
The first book I read on this subject – it taught me a lot. Perhaps you need to look elsewhere for advanced weathering techniques as the author seems not to be a huge fan of it.
- The Airfix Book of Scale Modelling by Jonathan Mock
(Conway Publishing 2011)
Another good book for a beginner – and expert too! Lots of interesting technical and historical information.
- Airbrushing and Finishing Scale Models by Brett Green
(Osprey Publishing 2008)
As the name suggests, very good at airbrushing techniques. Some nice armour examples.
- Small-Scale Armour Modelling by Alex Clark
(Osprey Publishing 2011)
Focuses on 1/72 scale but still relevant to other scales. Some awesome modelling inside.
- Advanced Terrain Modelling by Richard Windrow
(Osprey Publishing 2007)
Techniques are illustrated by way of various landscape projects.
- Terrain Modelling by Richard Windrow
(Osprey Publishing 2001)
Chapters are split up into creating various landscape types. A good companion to the above book.
- FAQ 2 by Mig Jiménez
(AK Interactive 2011)
Particularly strong on weathering effects – washes, streaks, stains, chipping, rust, mud, dust, oil …
- Modeling US Armor of World War 2 by Steven Zaloga
(Osprey Publishing 2009)
Very good general book by a master modeller – good chapter on photography and image manipulation.