Primer: Tamiya “Fine Surface Primer” (light grey) spray can, applied to the hull and turret.
Black base: A 1:2 mixture of Mr.Finishing Surfacer 1500 Black and Mr.Color Leveling Thinner was sprayed all over.
Base coats: Using most of the Mr.Hobby Russian Green modulation set. In all cases the paint was sprayed as a 1:2 mixture in Mr.Color leveling thinner.
- The darkest colour (“RG shadow” CMC13) was sprayed over the entire model, to act as a dark base.
- The next darkest (“RG CM base” CMC10) was sprayed over the bulk of the vehicle, save the deepest recesses.
- “RG highlight 1” CMC11 was sprayed on the upper hull, the sides and top of the turret and the outside part of the wheels only.
- Headlight: Citadel “Runefang Steel”
- Saw: Mr.Color “Super Iron” (SM03), Vallejo Panzer Aces “Old Wood” (310)
- Tyres: Mr.Color “Tyre Black” (137), LifeColor “Tyre Black” (UA733)
- Track ice cleats: Vallejo Panzer Aces “Track Primer” (304)
Gloss coat: A 1:2 mixture of Mr.Color “Clear Gloss” (46) and Mr.Color Leveling Thinner was sprayed over the entire model.
The decals were very nice to use – thinner than some. Apparently they mean “Death to Hitler” and “Glory to our tankers!“.