Primer: Tamiya “Fine Surface Primer” (light grey) spray can, applied to the hull and turret.
Base coats: Using most of the Mr.Hobby Russian Green modulation set. In all cases the paint was sprayed as a 1:2 mixture in Mr.Color leveling thinner.
- The darkest colour (“RG shadow” CMC13) was sprayed over the entire model, to act as a dark base.
- The next darkest (“RG CM base” CMC10) was sprayed over the bulk of the vehicle, save the deepest recesses.
- “RG highlight 1” CMC11 was sprayed on the upper hull, the sides and top of the turret and the outside part of the wheels only.
- “RG highlight 2” CMC12 was sprayed on select horizontal surfaces – the top of the storage boxes and parts of the turret roof.
- Machine guns: Vallejo Model Color “Black” (70950)
- Headlight: LifeColor “Gloss Silver” (LC74)
- Saw: LifeColor “Matt Natural Metal” (LC24), Vallejo Panzer Aces “Old Wood” (310)
- Tyres: Tamiya “Rubber Black” (XF-85)
Gloss coat: A 1:2 mixture of Mr.Color “Clear Gloss” (46) and Mr.Color Leveling Thinner was sprayed over the entire model. The decals were applied to the turret and this area resprayed.