Primer: Tamiya “Fine Surface Primer” (light grey) spray can
Basecoat: A 3:1 mixture of Tamiya “Olive Green” (XF-58) and Tamiya “Flat White” (XF-2) in Mr.Color Leveling Thinner (1:2 ratio of paint:thinner) onto the entire vehicle and wheels.
- Tyres: Tamiya “Rubber Black” (XF-85), Vallejo Panzer Aces “Dark Rubber” (306)
- Spare tyre: Tamiya “Rubber Black” (XF-85), Vallejo Model Color “Khaki” (70988)
- Horn: Vallejo Model Color “Black” (70950)
- Steering wheel: Vallejo Model Color “Black” (70950)
- Seat and back rest: Vallejo Model Color “Black” (70950)
- Headlights and front lights: LifeColor “Gloss Silver” (LC74)
- Back light: LifeColor “Gloss Silver” (LC74), the clear part tinted with Tamiya “Clear Red” (X-27)
- Storage box padlocks: LifeColor “Matt Gun Metal” (LC26), LifeColor “Matt Gold” (LC25)
In retrospect it might have been a mistake to attach the roof before painting it entirely, as I realised I had made it much harder for myself to paint it, particularly in and around the cab. The kit’s instructions suggest a khaki colour but after considering brush painting that on (I don’t like brush painting much) I stuck with the existing colour. I drybrushed Vallejo Panzer Aces “Canvas” (314) on the roof, to give some semblance of a varied canvas colour. I will see what I can do in subsequent steps with oil paints to vary it further. Actually, it is possible to find examples of vehicles with essentially a one colour scheme, assuming that they are based on good evidence.
Gloss coat: A 1:2 mixture of Mr.Color “Clear Gloss” (46) and Mr.Color Leveling Thinner was sprayed over the entire model.