- MasterClub BT-7 metal tracks (MTL35032) were joined with lengths of Albion Alloys’ 0.4 mm diameter brass rod.
- Weathered with AMMO “Burnishing Fluid” (A.MIG-2020).
- Washed with Winsor & Newton “Raw Umber” oil paint diluted in white spirit.
- I sprayed a mixture Tamiya Acrylic XF-52 “Flat Earth” in Tamiya X-20A thinner (10% paint mixture in thinner) over them to provide a slight matt surface.
- A mix of “medium” colour pigments was brushed on, following by a misting of white spirit, applied by air brush.
- One of the AMMO “Splashes” mixtures (“Dry Steppe” A.MIG-1751) was lightly flicked from the end of a brush onto both sides of the tracks, with excess amounts being removed when dry. This method of application, my preferred one, worked better when I dilute the mixture with white spirit (1:1 ratio).
- The contact points of the tracks were lightly rubbed with sand paper, to simulate metal polishing.