A recent issue involving the starter motor prompted the mechanic in attendance to comment on the the unsecured nature of the battery in the box under the passenger seat. Well, he was right – the retaining clamp was missing when I bought it. Putting a temporary fix in place (yes, those wooden blocks in the first image) we put in an order for the correct fixtures. Once delivered, they weren’t difficult to fit. Even so, I reckon next time we might just use two extra long bolts to secure the clamp, rather the the slightly fussy official pieces.
Parts used (no, the below isn’t remotely interesting to anybody else, but by starting to list the Land Rover (or equivalent) part numbers in these posts I can remember what we used):
- MUC7513 – battery clamp x 1
- STC307 – “J” bolt x 2