- Oil fading (main turret): dots of Mig Productions 502 Abteilung “German Three Tone Fading” ABT155, “Luftwaffe Yellow” ABT010, “German Ochre” ABT092 and “Faded Grey” ABT100 were added, followed by working in with a flat brush dampened with white spirit.
- Oil fading (Ratte hull): dots of Mig Productions 502 Abteilung “Blue-Green for German Grey” ABT230, “German Grey Highlight” ABT170, “Faded UN White” ABT165 and Winsor & Newton “Permanent Magenta” 489 and “Payne’s Grey” 465 were added, followed by working in with a flat brush dampened with white spirit.
- Wash (Maus and Ratte turrets): AK Interactive “Dark Yellow Wash” (AK300)
- Wash (Ratte hull): AMMO “Blue for Panzer Grey” (A.MIG-1006)
- Panel line wash (Ratte hull): AMMO “Panel Line Wash Blue Black” (A.MIG-1617)
- Dust (Ratte and Maus hull): A 1:1 mixture of Tamiya Acrylic XF-57 “Buff” and Tamiya Acrylic XF-52 “Flat Earth” in Tamiya X-20A thinner (10% paint mixture in thinner) was sprayed on the lower half of the hull, wheels, tracks and selective parts of the upper hull.
- Stains (Ratte hull): AK Interactive “Engine oil” (AK084) and AK Interactive “Fuel Stains” (AK025) – both diluted with white spirit – were flicked onto select surfaces of the hull, to represent liquid stains.
- Metal (Ratte and Maus tracks): AK Interactive “Dark Steel” (AK086) pigment brushed on