- Dilute AK Interactive “Engine Oil” (AK084) was applied to certain prominent details, such as the track tensioning gear.
- Application of AK Interactive “Dark Steel” pigment (AK086) to the machine guns. I thought that the tracks would likely not be polished on the contact points in these muddy conditions.
- Tamiya soot powder was applied to the end of the guns and the exhaust.
- AK Interactive “Wet Effects Fluid” (AK079) was applied in certain places to suggest random wet stains.
- The wooden part of the unditching beam was treated with Winsor and Newton “Burnt Umber” oil paint, which was then mostly wiped off, to stain the wood and accentuate the grain. Various AK Interactive washes and streaking effects were applied to the metal part.
- The chains were treated with Blacken-It in order to give them a corroded look.