Primer: Tamiya “Fine Surface Primer” (light grey) , decanted from spray can.
Base coats: In all cases the paint was sprayed as a 1:2 mixture in Mr.Color leveling thinner.
- Mr.Color “Olive Drab Shadow” (CMC03), sprayed over the entire model.
- Mr.Color “Olive Drab (I)” (12), sprayed onto the vehicle surfaces from above and the sides and ignoring the deepest recesses and underside. My previous attempt at using certain Mr.Color Olive Drab paints on the M3 Stuart ended up with it looking slightly too green to my eyes. I have used a different olive drab colour this time and I think I prefer it.
- Headlights: Citadel “Runefang Steel”
- Rear lights: Vallejo Model Color “Red” (70947)
- Machine guns: Vallejo Model Color “Black” (70950)
- Tools: Vallejo Model Color “Black Grey” (70862) and “Khaki” (70988), Vallejo Panzer Aces “Old Wood” (310) and “Canvas” (314), Citadel “Runefang Steel”
- Tow cable: Vallejo Model Color “Black Grey” (70862)
- Wheels: Vallejo Model Color “Black” (70950)
- Stowage: Mr.Color “Khaki” (55), LifeColor “Russian Uniforms Helmet” (UA446) and “Soviet Army 4BG Light Khaki” (UA240), Vallejo Model Color “Leather Brown” (70871), Citadel “Runefang Steel”. Drybrushed with Vallejo Model Color “Khaki” (70988) or “Buff” (70976).
Gloss coat: A 1:2 mixture of Mr.Color “Clear Gloss” (46) and Mr.Color Leveling Thinner was sprayed over the entire model.
The decals were applied. I agree with others I have read that they are a little thick. As for the text, unfortunately no translation is supplied. But I am pretty sure the side slogans are something like “For Stalin” and the one on the lower front mentions perhaps “victory”. I am very open to correction!