It went together pretty well, apart from the exhaust bracket – just a strip of brass which you are expected to bend into a complex shape with no pre-scoring of the metal whatsoever. Not helpful at all! I hope that the front wheels attach alright to the axle and control rods, once painted.
“The BA-20 armored car was developed in 1934 for use by HQ staffs, reconnaissance and communications units. It was derived from the civilian GAZ-M1 car using its chassis” 
HobbyBoss 1/35 kit . The box art portrays a captured one but I am not going to be doing that. It really does look like an armoured version of the civilian vehicle.
- The entire vehicle was washed with a dilute mixture of Winsor & Newton “Raw Umber” and “Lamp Black” oil paints (ratio about 5:1) in enamel thinner – the excess being cleaned up with a dry brush or cotton bud.
- Certain hull panel lines were treated with AMMO “Panel Line Wash – Dark Green Grey” (A.MIG-1608).
- AMMO Oilbrusher “Olive Green” (A.MIG-3505) was used on various high points of the vehicle.
- AMMO Oilbrusher “Starship Bay Sludge” (A.MIG-3532) or “Starship Filth” (A.MIG-3513) were worked into various recesses, the excess being cleaned away.
- The headlight was drybrushed with Abteilung “Metal Power” silver (ABT205).
- The exhausts were painted with the various colours of the LifeColor rust set.
- Paint chips were simulated using Vallejo Model Color “German Camouflage Black Brown” (70822), applied with a sponge, brush or flicked from the end of a brush.
- A 1:2 mixture of Mr.Color “Clear Gloss” (46) and Mr.Color Leveling Thinner was sprayed over the entire model. Following the addition of the decals to the turret, a further coat of gloss was sprayed over them.
Primer: Tamiya “Fine Surface Primer” (light grey)
Base coats: In all cases the paint was sprayed as a 1:2 mixture in Mr.Color leveling thinner.
- Mr.Hobby “Mr.Finishing Surfacer 1500 Black”
- Mr.Color “RG highlight 1” (CMC11) (part of their Russian Green set)
- Turret interior: Mr.Color “Character White” (107)
- Machine guns: Vallejo Model Color “Black” (70950)
- Headlight: Citadel “Runefang Steel”
- Tyres: Mr.Color “Tire Black” (137)
- Turret seats: Vallejo Model Color “Saddle Brown” (70940). Drybrushed with Vallejo Model Color “Cavalry Brown” (70982)