- The wooden tool handles were stained with Winsor & Newton “Raw Umber” oil paint.
- To simulate a degree of paint variation and fading, the horizontal surfaces of the hull were dampened with enamel thinner and dots of oil paint (Winsor & Newton “Raw Umber”, “Payne’s Grey”, “Permanent Magenta”, Abteilung 502 “Faded Grey”, “Luftwaffe Yellow” and AMMO Oilbrusher “Olive Green”, “White”) added. These were then blended in with a round brush in a circular motion. To simulate streaking, the same procedure was repeated on the sloping sides, this time the dots being drawn down vertically with a flat brush. The end result is best described as subtle, but I guess that is better than being overdone.
- Further streaking was done with AMMO Oilbrusher “Starship Filth”, “Starship Bay Sludge” and “Rust”.
- The entire tank was washed with a dilute mixture of Winsor & Newton “Raw Umber” and “Lamp Black” oil paint in enamel thinner – the excess being cleaned up with a dry brush or cotton bud.
- In order to accentuate them, the hatch lines were treated with AMMO “Panel Line Wash – Dark Green Grey” (A.MIG-1608).
- AMMO Oilbrushers “Starship Filth” (A.MIG-3513) and “Starship Bay Sludge” (A.MIG-3532) were worked into various recesses, the excess being cleaned away.
- Finally, AMMO “Light Rust Wash” (A.MIG-1004) was added in small amounts around the exhausts.
- Chipping was done first with LifeColor “4BO Var.” (UA239) – applied with fine brush and sponge – to simulate the lightest wear.
- After this Vallejo Model Color “German Camouflage Black Brown” (70822) was applied in the same manner, to simulate deeper, older chips. I also tried to create very small paint chips by flicking the same paint from a brush onto the surface.
- The spare tracks were drybrushed with paints of the LifeColor set.
- The spare tracks and tow cable were washed with AMMO “Light Rust Wash” (A.MIG-1004).
Primer: Tamiya “Fine Surface Primer” (light grey) spray can
Black base: A 1:2 mixture of Mr.Finishing Surfacer 1500 Black and Mr.Color Leveling Thinner was sprayed all over.
Basecoat: A 1:2 mixture of Mr.Color “Russian Green (2) – USSR tank late WWII” (136) and Mr.Color Leveling Thinner was then sprayed over the black base. Then, a 1:4 mixture of Mr.Color “Russian Green (2) – USSR tank late WWII” (136), and Mr.Color “Character White” (107) in Mr.Color Leveling Thinner (1:2 ratio of paint mixture to thinner) was sprayed on the upper hull.
- Headlight: Citadel “Mithril Silver”
- Tools: Citadel “Boltgun Metal”, Vallejo Model Color “Black Grey” (70862), Vallejo Panzer Aces “Old Wood” (310)
- Tow cable: Vallejo Model Color “Black Grey” (70862)
- Electrical cable: Vallejo Model Color “Black” (70950)
- Spare track: Tamiya “Dark Iron” (XF-84)
Gloss coat: A 1:2 mixture of Mr.Color “Clear Gloss” (46) and Mr.Color Leveling Thinner was sprayed over the entire model.