A roughly 2:1 mixture of medium and darker colour pigments (detailed here) were brushed onto the wheels, running gear, lower hull, upper hull and turret top and fixed with a 1:1 mixture of AMMO “Pigment Fixer” (A.MIG-3000) and enamel thinners, added by brush.
- MasterClub tracks (MTL35024) were linked with Albion Alloys’ 0.5 mm brass rod.
- Treated with UMP “Ultimate Burnishing Liquid”.
- Washed with a dilute mixture of Winsor & Newton “Raw Umber” and “Burnt Sienna” in enamel thinners.
- A roughly 2:1 mixture of medium and darker colour pigments (detailed here) were dropped onto the tracks and fixed with a 1:1 mixture of AMMO “Pigment Fixer” (A.MIG-3000) and enamel thinners, added by brush.
- Darker (wetter) patches on the tracks were created using dark brown oil paints in enamel thinners.
- The parts of the external side of the tracks in contact with the ground and the guide horns were brushed with AK Interactive “Dark Steel” (AK086) pigment.
- AMMO “Oilbrusher” oil paints (“Dust” A.MIG-3516, “Dusty Earth” A.MIG-3523, “Medium Soil” A.MIG-3522, “Summer Soil” A.MIG-3534) were dotted on the much of the horizontal surface, underside, running gear of the vehicle and wheels, which had previously been dampened with enamel thinner. A round brush was used to dilute and blend the oils.
- The same oils were dotted on the sloping and vertical surfaces. A flat brush was used to draw them down the sides to create dust and rain streaks.
- A 1:2 mixture of Mr.Color “Flat Clear” (182) and Mr.Color Leveling Thinner was sprayed over the entire model.
To the vertical and sloping sides of the upper hull dots of AMMO Oilbrusher “Starship Filth”, “Starship Bay Sludge” and “Rust” were added. Then, using a flat brush dampened with enamel thinners, the oil paint was drawn down the side to simulate streaks. After drying, this process was repeated multiple times.
- I wanted to add some tarps or covers – sculpted using “green stuff” putty and painted with various Vallejo Model Color acrylics – at this stage in order that they were attached before too much weathering steps were done. Other stowage items will be added separately later.
- The entire vehicle was washed with a dilute mixture of Winsor & Newton “Burnt Umber” and “Lamp Black” oil paints (ratio about 5:1) in enamel thinner – the excess being cleaned up with a dry brush or cotton bud.
- AMMO Oilbrusher “Olive Green” (A.MIG-3505), “Starship Filth” (A.MIG-3513) and “Starship Bay Sludge” (A.MIG-3532) was used on various points of the vehicle to provide both light and dark variations.