To the vertical and sloping sides of the upper hull and turret dots of AMMO Oilbrusher “Starship Filth”, “Starship Bay Sludge”, Winsor & Newton “Burnt Umber” and Abteilung 502 “Abt060” were added. Then, using a flat brush, the oil paint was drawn down the side to simulate streaks. After drying, this process was repeated multiple times. I must admit it looks rather non-existent in the pictures – it has a bit more presence in real life.
- The entire vehicle was washed with a dilute mixture of Winsor & Newton “Raw Umber” and “Lamp Black” oil paints (ratio about 5:1) in enamel thinner – the excess being cleaned up with a dry brush or cotton bud.
- AMMO Oilbrusher “Starship Bay Sludge” (A.MIG-3532) was worked into various recesses, the excess being cleaned away.
- AMMO Oilbrusher “Olive Green” (A.MIG-3505) was used on various high points of the vehicle.
- Certain hull panel lines were treated with AMMO “Panel Line Wash – Dark Green Grey” (A.MIG-1608).
- Lighter paint chips were simulated using LifeColor “4BO Var” (UA239), applied with a sponge or flicked from the end of a brush.
- Darker paint chips were simulated using Vallejo Model Color “German Camouflage Black Brown” (70822), applied with a sponge, fine brush or flicked from the end of a brush.
- The exhausts were painted with the various colours of the LifeColor rust set.
Primer: Tamiya “Fine Surface Primer” (light grey) spray can, applied to the hull and turret.
Base coats: In all cases the paint was sprayed as a 1:2 mixture in Mr.Color leveling thinner.
- Mr.Hobby “Mr.Finishing Surfacer 1500 Black”
- Mr.Color ““RG CM base” CMC10 (part of their Russian Green set), sprayed over the entire model
- Mr.Color “RG highlight 1” (CMC11) (part of their Russian Green set), sprayed over the upper part of the hull and turret, and outside of the wheels
- Machine guns: Vallejo Model Color “Black” (70950)
- Tyres: Vallejo Model Color “Black Grey” (70862)
- Stowage: Vallejo Panzer Aces “Canvas” (314)
Gloss coat: A 1:2 mixture of Mr.Color “Clear Gloss” (46) and Mr.Color Leveling Thinner was sprayed over the entire model. The decals were applied to the turret and this area resprayed.
I used the Eduard photoetch set for the grills and storage boxes, fixed in some places by soldering the pieces together.